Horses for Heroes: Serving Military Veterans, First Responders, Law Enforcement, and Emergency Personnel
“Your Ride to Freedom”
- Horses for Heroes provides specialized equine based services for active-duty and veterans of military service and individuals in the public service providers for all ages and abilities with a goal of improving physical and emotional well-being.
- Program is conducted under the direction of a PATH INTERNATIONAL Certified Instructor and Equine Specialist in Mental Health
- All mental health sessions are conducted by a licensed therapist
- Individual or Family Program sessions are available
- Sessions are established as a 6 or 8 week series
- Sessions are held at WALK ON EQUISTRIAN CENTER near River Falls or Hammond, WI.
- Mentally- Equine assisted therapy has proven to be an effective option of treatment. Participants gain valuable knowledge about themselves and others.
- Physically- The movement of the horse simulates human walking, strengthens core muscles, and increases overall balance and joint mobility.